Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday night excitement

nah....not really. Just boring. We had planned to have it be a little less boring by going to the movies AND picking up a birthday present for my Dad. But Steve is working and I'm going to lay on the couch and watch something hugely inane.

My parents came over to visit today with Uncle John and Aunt Sharon. It was gorgeous outside. Warm, sunny, beautiful skies. We sat outside and had fresh made lemonade and some raisin/applesauce cookies. I made both with the xaagave sugar substitute and they were a huge hit.

We ran over to eat at Outback and that was it. It's hard not to eat their bread but I got a salad with blue cheese vinaigrette that was really good, a 6 oz sirloin and fresh veggies. It was very satisfying but I will admit....it sure wasn't a slice of cake....sigh....

Greg is going to get some work at his part-time job which will help out in the immediate short-fall from being laid off. Lucky he is so well respected by all his employers - that really helps out.

OK, gonna go watch Bulging Brides (Steve hates it and for some weird reason I love it)

1 comment:

Terri Steffes said...

I haven't seen that show but now I want to! Your Friday sounds lovely, actually!