Monday, August 10, 2009

How is it possible...

....that these two little Reds are starting Kindergarten and 2nd Grade today?!? How is it even remotely possible that I blinked and they grew into a five year old and a seven year old? Didn't I just put my own kids in Kindergarten and Second grade a few years ago?

OK, that's it. I am putting my foot down. No more growing. No more getting older. They are too sweet just the way they are.

That's just it! They are going to have to stay 3, 5 and 7 for at least another 10 years. I'm just not willing to let them grow up yet.

Hey, why didn't I think of putting my foot down years ago?

I'm so happy I thought of this now, though, so that they will just stay this age until I'm emotionally ready to let them be a year old.

Schewwwww. OK, I feel a LOT better now.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Allie said...

AHhhhhhhhh I think I will have the same feeling when Addie drives off to school in a couple weeks for her last year of high school! My heart feels for you!