Monday, September 21, 2009

Rise and Shine!


Don't you hate that?

Not all the time but just sometimes?

My husband always says that to me but this morning I growled at him "I'll rise but you can't make me shine!" and then he says something dumb like "you always shine!" which makes me even more irritated and then he tells me something even dumber like "I love you so much" which really steams me.

OK, I guess I might have over-reacted just a teensy bit since I think he was just trying to be nice.

OK, and I guess I do need to call my naturopath to find out if there's any easier way to phase down my bio-identical hormones.

And OK, I am kind of partial to sweet men who tell me they love me even when my hair is sticking out, I don't have my control-top underwear on AND my mascara from yesterday is kind of caked around my eyes.

But now that I think about it...what is wrong with him? Hmmm.... perhaps he feels a need to lie to me to protect me from the truth...that I am a bit unloveable in the morning. OK, now I'm irritated about that.

Steaming.

Steaming.

Grrrrrrrrrrr....

Yea.

Number one on the list of things to save my marriage. (because even though he doesn't say so anyone who lies to protect their wife from being so icky in the morning is surely thinking of leaving her....right? right?)

1. Call Naturopath to see if she can adjust hormones.

This blog brought to you by Menopause. Not for the faint of heart.

And not for sweet husbands trying to wake their wives with happy compliments.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Mardell said...

Aaaaawww! Sweet Chuckberry + menopausal wife. Ouch! I sometimes *wish* I can go thru it, but not so sure now. Just can't stand the monthly visitor. Enough already!!

Tina❀ said...

Awww, Jenny, could have been my morning. Instead of a sweet husband I had a rooster at 4:30 this a.m. cocka-doodling his little heart out right outside my bedroom window. Now this thing must have been on a timer, cause he went off every half hour. Let me tell you, it wasn't menopause that made me want to go out and rip that little ol' heart of his right out through his stinkin' little beak.
ya know, I could send you a rooster. I've got 4 extra.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

My mother always woke me up when I was youing with the words "Rise and Shine" ... and then would sing a song with these lyrics: "Oh how I hate to get up in the morning..oh how I hate to get out of bed" lol!

I am definitely NOT a morning person!

You have such good music on you blog Jenny ...I sing along :-)

Farmgirl Paints said...

I'm not a morning person either. I have a sign over my bedroom door that says "Rise and Shine". It makes me smile a little:)

Christina said...

Maybe this will make you smile...my two-year-old now sees roosters and says,"Cock-a-doodle-doodle!"
He's a sweet man!