Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday Centus - If I had a hammer...

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week twenty-three of Saturday Centus.

I'M SO, SO, SO SORRY! One of you sent me three or four wonderful prompts that I did not save to my E-mail SC folder. I searched all my files preparing this post and can't find them. Would you mind re-sending them to me? I promise to be more responsible this time.

AND

Can I just say...I love SC! It is distracting and fun and funny and uplifting and thoughtful and wonderful. It remains my favorite 'read' of the week and I appreciate each and every one of you who takes time to link.

STOP! If you didn't read the end SC's from last week, please take a moment to do so. Just work backwards until you find out where you left off. I feel really bad that the people at the end don't get read.

Thanks!

Now on to regular SC biz...In case you've forgotten...

This is a themed writing meme and a different challenge this week.

You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. The prompt does not count for your 100 words AND it must be left intact in the body of your story. No illustrations are permitted. Your story can be fact or fiction, just keep it PG, please! I have to look at my Grandchildren with these eyes.

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because there are some amazing writers participating in this meme. Since the links are so short they are also a fun and quick read.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

This weeks prompt is:

"If I had a hammer..."

This link will be live until next Saturday morning around 7 am. And please, remember to link to your SC URL...not your main blog. If you are unsure how to do this please leave me a message in the comments or e-mail me and I'll help you through it! Have fun!

post signature

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Great prompt, this came a little too easy LOL, thanks for posting Jenny x

Susannah said...

Another great prompt Jenny, this one took me off on a different 'tangent'. :-)

Thanks very much for posting these, I always enjoy Saturday Centus.

mine is here - http://panopticulated.blogspot.com/2010/10/if-i-had-hammer-inspired-by-saturday.html

Susan Anderson said...

All I can think of right now is Peter, Paul and Mary. And my teenage years.

=)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

If I had a hammer, I'd pass it to my husband so he could finish building the shelves in my basment. Then I'd let him build some book shelves for my new room. Can you believe it? After 25 years of marriage I'm getting my own room to write it....and my dear hubby is going to build me bookshelves with his own two hands. That's love.

Anonymous said...

There is so much one can do with a hammer :-); thanks for the prompt, Jenny, I enjoyed participating.