Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Story-Time Tuesday - Living Fiction

Hi.

Hello?

Is anybody here?

This is Pearl. I think I might have a little bit of stage fright.

Here I am, actually writing on a blog and not having to tell ummm... tall tales about it. It's not really that hard. I may be inspired and ACTUALLY start writing on "My Life Inside an Oyster" one of these days.

I'm just hopping on today, though, to pass along a message from Miss Jenny.

She's says she's reached a crossroads in writing about me and has two versions of Chapter 43 written. She is really undecided about which direction to go.

For crying out loud. My mother, God rest her soul, always told me just to pick a direction and get going, but Miss Jenny is not willing to heed that advice.

I'd like to give you a hint about what she's thinking, but I think that might make her mad. Trust me, as a fictional character you never, ever want to make your creator angry. Who know's what awful thing could befall a poor, sweet, helpless character like me?

I hope you're enjoying reading about me. Sometimes I'm a bit ashamed of myself for not finding an easier pathway through my life right now, but really, I'm doing my very best. Somedays I think I'm just doing great if I can get out of bed and comb my hair, you know?

Oops.

Miss Jenny is giving me a dirty look. I think she wants me to wrap this up now...so...

See you next week.

Please don't forget to come back. Seriously, I think you guys are my only friends. I can't really count Millie, because heaven knows she's so darned irritating and I can't really count Jessie, because she's my daughter...

And I wonder if I can count Edgar as a friend because...

Uh oh.

I have to go.

Right now.

Miss Jenny says to keep me from blabbing so much, she is going to make me into a mute/paraplegic in the next chapter if I don't say goodbye right now.

I was really enjoying talking to you but darn! Darn, darn, darn! I'm gonna go because Jenny's the boss of me, for sure.

So...bye...see you soon!

Love,
Pearl

12 comments:

Ames said...

Uh did you forget something??

Like one of the two versions for us to read? ....

Hello?

Helooooh?.....

Jenny?

Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Tick Tock

Jenny??

Arrgh!!!!

Looking forward to reading one of those versions....

For real!

See ya next week!~Ames

:)

Jocelyn said...

Oh man.....I really needed my Tuesday morning fix Miss Pearl....

I will be waiting for next week with much anticipation!!!!

Viki said...

Oh I'm disappointed but I understand. Pearl is the first thing I read on Tuesdays and make sure I have the time for LOL. I wish I knew what the two versions were. I guess I can see the story going several ways and HAVE, ha. Good luck!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

uh-oh. A fork in the road. What will happen? I hope it's not a Twilight Zone type thing where the character becomes real and takes over your life and imprisons you in a manuscript.

Susan Anderson said...

Okay, Jenny. This was cruel and unusual punishment. My Story-Time Tuesday joy is well and truly squelched.

=(

Judie said...

Now doesn't this sound just like Pearl????? Oh, for Pete's sake, Pearl! Just make up your mind and go with it!!!!

Amy said...

So, I was thinking about it, and realized you, Jenny, need to eliminate some of the stress in your life. You have so much going on, and such a demanding character! And so, to help you a bit, I am going to help you. All you need to do is email both chapters, I will read through them, and then tell you which you should go with. No more stress on your part. No more worry.

What?

Oh, you're welcome! That's what friends are for, after all.

Ms. A said...

Good way to build our curiosity.

The Words Crafter said...

Hey Jenny, um, I mean Pearl. I know I haven't commented on here lately. I've been crazy busy with all kinds of stuff. I may need to borrow Edgar, in fact. But anyway. I have been reading every chapter and I can only imagine what Jenny is thinking. Either way, I trust her. And I've really enjoyed getting to know you and reading about your adventures. I hope things get straightened out for you!

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, not trying to rush you or anything but please make that decision soon and get back to that great story. Sure did miss getting to read another chapter. Hugs

H said...

Sigh. Here I was grabbing my laptop and thinking I would just have time to squeeze in a chapter to start my day off right, before work. The day had better improve from here on in!

Looking forward to the chosen chapter.

Lourie said...

Hhahahaha! Too cute.