Friday, April 27, 2012

Childhood logic

“You know, Grandma, I usually wash your car for money, right?”


“I know, sweetie, but we’re not washing the car today, okay?”


“You know, Grandma, we need to buy some new soccer shoes. Mine are too small, they squish my feet.”


“ I know, sweetie, but today we’re not going to get any money.”


“Grandma! Not even a dollar?”


“No, sweet pea, not even a dollar.”


“You said we were going to get some new soccer shoes, Grandma.”


“Yes, sweet pea…later…”


“Okay, I get it Grandma. Visiting the nursing home is not for profit. For comfortable soccer shoes, I need to wash someone’s car.”



This little 105 word story is linked to Saturday Centus.   The five word prompt is in bright blue and bolded.   To read other stories using this prompt, just click here.

post signature

8 comments:

21 Wits said...

Oh come on grandmaw! PLease! Just a dollar for a sparkling car even! Ha, ha! Tricky way of squeezing out the comfort.....! :) I'm not so sure I could be so creative, but I like it!

Amy said...

True story, right? And her logic is infallibe, at least for someone so young. Adorable!

Ames said...

You did something right. At least yours grands are willing to work for things they need instead of those that feel they are entitled to everything just by holding out their hands. Bravo Jenny!~Ames

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! I'm a grandma too but I believe in spoiling the grandkids just because they think I'm an easy touch.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say: I DON'T believe in spoiling the grandkids etc.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Ya simply cannot beat the logic of a child!!!

Love it...true right?

God bless ya sweetie and enjoy your day!!! :o)

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is the cutest thing ever!!!!

Amy Bella said...

Hey, would you mind if I share your blog on my social media channels? There are a lot of folks that I think would enjoy reading your content. Please let me know. Thank you.
Freelance software developer
top digital marketing agencies in india