Friday, September 6, 2013

Treasure

This word prompt really hit me today for week 176 Saturday Centus.

I ended up writing a SEVERAL hundred word poem. Here's the first 100 words. To read other offerings use this single word prompt, just click here.



I’ve been looking in eyes my whole life through

Trying to seek out what I know now is you

I’ve been searching faces in places unseen

Trying to seek out some wonderful thing.

I’ve wandered highways in search of home

I’ve walked for miles…but still have need to roam

I’ve cried in anger and I’ve wept in despair

I’ve searched and searched…

…but you weren’t there.

Why haven’t you been looking for me?

Didn’t you feel my need?

Why haven’t you been looking for me?

I can’t believe you didn’t know.

But I found you now, I can’t let go.

post signature

9 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

This poem is really moving, Jenny.

Love,
Janie

Jo said...

geez ... i'm kind of ....ummm ... this resonates with me ... really well done ... i hope we get to see the rest of the poem ...

Viki said...

I like it;-) Maybe sometime you can post the rest.Reminds me of something, I'm not sure what though.

Anonymous said...

Strange feeling it gave me, of sadness really.... Good, Liz

pasqueflower said...

Beautifully written. Emotionally charged. Thank you.

Eden House News and views said...

Brilliant

Amy said...

Aw, I like it!

Anonymous said...

Lovely -- and haunting.

Rita said...

Yes--haunting. Especially with that picture.